Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Damir Doma

As readers may have noticed D&F is a huge fan of Damir Domas Work. It took a bit but we were able to organize an exclusive interview. Have fun and let us know what you think. cheers.

Photobucket


Tell me a bit about your background, where are you from?
I was born in croatia and grew up in the south of germany.my interest in fashion started already in very early years as my mother is a designer and I spend my childhood in her atelier playing with fabrics and drawing.after I finished my fashion studies I decided to move to Antwerp where I worked for raf simons and dirk schönberger.basically my dream and my goal was to create my own universe,my own aesthetics and my own visions!so since 2006 my dream became reality.i presented my first collection during paris mens fashion on the official calender.in 2009 we created a new label called silent and just recently in march 2010 I presented my first womens collection during the paris fashion week.

Where did you go to school?
I attended went to ESMOD in munich and berlin.

Did you like it?
to be honest?
Oh yes please!
I didn't spend so much time there.as i already mentioned i grew up in my mom's atelier and that's also where i learned everything,very natural.

Do you think that an education like youre is essential to make it the buisiness?
it's crucial to really know who you are and where you want to go.i mean it's essential to have a vision.this is something nobody can teach you.
nobody can just give you talent and the feeling for shapes,colours and materials!i developed my aesthetics very early.in school you can get a
good technical background and a nice base but thats just the starting point.always be down to earth and humble.


Now, i had the luck to be present at this years mens show. and as i sat down i had this "flyer" in my Hand advertising your women collection. This is the first time you launched a women collection. Why?
It was just a very natural process and it was the right moment for it!i always wanted to create a womens line and not just a womens line but my own universe.
i basically started with mens as i had all the contacts in mens and i knew the business better.now after 2,5 years of mens we needed to start the womens line
as i don't want to be stuck in a box called "menswear designer"!in any case it was a very natural step as we already had so many women wearing DD mens.


Photobucket


Photobucket



What inspired you to do the women collection?
i saw women dressed in my mens creations for quite a while but it was never 100% right!i'm a perfectionist!i wanted to women to look exactly how i imagine them to be:
elegant,intelligent,proud and at the same time beautiful and fragile!

Was the inspiration for the women collection the same as the mens, cause i find the style a bit similar?
my perspective on women is actually quite different from my perspective on men!this season it was all about finding the right angle and defining the damir doma woman.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
my dream is to built a structure that allows me to bring all my dreams to life!i want to create without any boundaries!

A tipp for a young fashion designer, how to start with your first collection?
be 100% sure!never regret!narrow it down to the core and be always focused.

Have you ever been to Vienna? Do you want to?
i've been a view times to vienna but always for a very short time.i never had the chance to really connect with the people and to feel the real atmosphere of the city.

Whats your favourite food?
i love japanese food,korean barbecue,maroccan salad,all kinds of salads!!!i guess it's more about the quality of the food.

Something you can´t live without?
life would be quite hard without creation!i need to let all my creative energy out.there is this magical moment in the process of creation.
i couldn't never life without the adrenalin that i get trough this feeling.seeing how your dreams get reality is an amazing moment.

Berlin or Paris, you choose?
100% Paris!!! for its beauty,elegance and pride!paris is pure inspirartion for me.


For us to! thank you so much for the Interview and your time. We wish you all the best!



MB

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Mark Baigent by Tina Herzl

I first met Tina for a job we did for an austrian magazine - i forgot which one - since then we rarely saw each other again but me for my side had a great time with her on set and so it was a no brainer to me when i was asked to shoot with her for a big commercial campaign i said yes. In this one week we worked together everyday - ALL day. Seldom did i encounter so much good energy and positivity from a person. After a long day of work and a bottle of wine we decided to shoot ME for a change ;) Helmut Maier gave me a new look and i must say i feel fuckin hot ;) Look up your sons moms here i come ;) Photos: TINA HERZL Make-Up: INA MAURER HAIR: HELMUT MAYER MB

G.S.F.

Ich sah sie das erste Mal als ich auf der Suche nach den Machern, des einen bestimmten Liedes war! Der Text gefiel mir - warum? - Du willst immer nur ficken , ficken mit mir! Gefunden wurden die Macher dann unter dem Namen Ganz Schön Feist ! Eine wunderbare Gruppe! Schnell wurde klar - das sind die absoluten Spaßkinder (natürlich schon eher die älteren Spaßkinder - aber immer noch voll dabei-im Hause high). Nach dem ersten tollen Liedchen, das ich von ihnen hörte - süchtig geworden - kam das zweite! Um mit dem letzten Post anzuschneiden - der Titel: Gänseblümchen ! Tag für Tag musste ich mir es vorsingen - Schule kann ja bekanntlich frustrierend sein und da braucht man was Tolles zum Aufbauen! Mit dem dritten Lied war ich dann total auf dem Lacher! Aphrodiasikum - superduper fi to hi! ...französischer Chanson läuft aus den Boxen, als du aufstehst und sagst: Ich muss mal KOTZEN!... Mit der Freude hört es aber gar nicht mehr auf - speziell angetan hat mich auch der Song Choreographie ,

WELLNESS

… by Florentina Holzinger and Vincent Riebeek "A inspirational performance discovering the connection of Body and Spirit by getting directions"  press play while reading: After their physically intense flirt with the canon of body and performance art of the 1970s in  Kein Applaus für Scheiße , and their passionate ode to spirituality in Spirit , the meanwhile internationally well-known duo concludes its first trilogy with the project  Wellness .  Starting points are the need for healing and the realisation of one’s own ultimate aims for well-being.  Holzinger and Riebeek  try to balance a healthy mind with a physical aesthetic inspired by beauty contests and competitions. To this aim they subject wellness treatments and measures to increase well-being, such as military-inspired CrossFit sessions, profound psychotherapy and session of meditating to a performed survey.  For the first time in their collaborative work